Cognosante (Technology/Healthcare) in Falls Church, VA, is seeking an HR Director.
To learn more and apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/671555233/
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) will serve as a partner and coach to the management team, board and business leaders in this publicly traded organization. Equally critical to the mandate for the CHRO is to ensure that the HR organization delivers the highest level of value to the company’s employees and provides seamless support to enable the business to continue to grow sustainably. Adding another layer of complexity, the CHRO will also interact with an active investor that has partnered with this business to support its substantial growth.
Key focus areas include strengthening a cohesive culture, managing labor relations and developing the global team and shaping the HR team to support this continuing growth period. As such, the company requires a true talent subject-matter expert who is also a pragmatic, hands-on business leader and partner. It is imperative to their success to create the core processes and programs that cultivate a pool of future leaders to drive the current business transformation and beyond. Partnering closely with the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team, the CHRO will drive talent initiatives directly in support of critical business needs to include the means to attract, train, develop and retain talent in a high performing culture.
Critically, this individual will have an innate understand of how to grow capacity of leaders at all levels within the organization.
Position location: Chicago, IL
* Ensure that a healthy and vibrant culture is ingrained across the organization, one that promotes collaboration, honesty, intelligent discourse and engaged leadership.
* Create strategies to grow, develop and retain the leaders of the business and provide strategic direction to execute those strategies effectively.
* Prepare the organization for continued growth and acquisitions by building a culture of strong leadership, accountability and operational excellence.
* Drive workforce planning efforts in alignment with short and long-term business needs.
* Function as a trusted adviser and thought partner to the CEO, senior leadership and board of directors to drive an accountable, performance-based and purpose-driven culture built on a bottom-up, organic, engagement strategy.
* Provide deep intellectual leadership to ensure that the organization is successfully driving talent and engagement through organizational design, workforce planning, leadership development, succession planning, total rewards and executive compensation.
* Develop a deep understanding of the company’s business plan and organizational goals and complement that with a sound and well-executed HR strategy that tangibly moves the organization forward.
* Lead the process for talent identification, development and succession. Collaborate with leaders across the organization to ensure their teams are leveraging world-class leadership development programs and initiatives.
* Implement metrics, run reports and analytics to measure value, efficiency and effectiveness of processes. Benchmark best practices internally and externally and upgrade as needed and when appropriate.
* Proven experience delivering the building blocks of a large-scale HR function (recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; training and development; employee relations; organizational design)
* Have a perspective of what the company needs today and what needs to be architected for tomorrow. Savvy in balancing priorities across geographies, functions and stakeholder groups.
* Ability to lead, change and drive results in a high-growth, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Solid leadership skills with a hands-on approach. Ability to assimilate to a "roll up our sleeves" environment.
* Know how to keep messages tuned to right levels, whether with executives or more junior coworkers.
* Know how to coach, develop and grow leaders and contribute regularly to creating an organization with world-class management.
* Depth and agility; ability to play at various levels—from building strategy to helping recruitment efficiency to coaching on tactical plays with candidates.
* Track record of having initiated change programs, actively engaging the organization to support transforming and rebuilding a positive and action-oriented culture.
* Strong business and financial acumen and ability to interact, challenge and consult with senior leaders.
* Keen sense of urgency and ability to keep pace in a fast-moving environment and culture.
* Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Proven ability of assimilating acquired talent, handling transitions associated with changes of control and driving sustainable and scalable initiatives through to completion.
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
* Bias to action and passion for excellent execution. Strong results and commercial orientations.
* Relentlessly drive operational excellence and innovation in all areas of responsibility.
* Strength in building team cooperation while being fully capable of making tough decisions and acting on them as appropriate. Able to articulate clear and meaningful goals and focus people’s efforts to deliver results.
* Strong ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment.
* Change leader and manager who thrives on continuous improvement. Laser-focused on exceptional customer service while driving innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative.
* Metrics-oriented. Able to articulate how HR strategies can help drive top and bottom-line business benefits through people acquisition and engagement.
* Experienced manager of people, programs and ideas. Pro-active and results oriented and capable of operating successfully in a private equity environment.
* Exhibit the judgment, insight and communication skills to advise management on complex human capital and organization matters. Build a function that is well integrated into the business and is rooted in employee engagement.
* Contribute to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically and effectively, in producing outstanding results. Strong ability to promote meaning in the workplace. Raise performance levels of others.
* Minimum 15 years’ experience in large, fast-moving/fast-growing organizations, preferably including line or P&L experience.
* Minimum 10 years in a senior HR leadership role, ideally within similarly-sized, fast-paced entrepreneurial environments.
* History of successful interaction and influence with all levels of stakeholders, particularly the Board of Directors, CEO and other senior executives.
* Exposure to working and managing within a global team environment.