Vibrant global management consulting firm seeks Vice President, Talent to oversee all HR functions and strategic vision for their engaged and collaborative staff (Washington, DC). You would be at the helm of everything HR for small but mighty DC (80 people) and London (20 people) offices of a globally acclaimed consulting firm. A recent retirement in the department is prompting a fresh rebuilding of the HR team. Coach and develop a team of: Recruitment Manager, Senior HR Manager and HR Associate to shape this modernized department. 10-15+ years working in a generalized, managerial HR role a must. A focus on Training/Learning & Development strongly desired. Bonus points if you come from a similar (consulting) background. Firm offers work/life balance with a generous annual performance bonus. If you or a colleague is interested, please contact Brittny Seidman, CPC Vice President at Bloomfield & Company at email@example.com.
Nonprofit HR is looking for quality candidates at the following positions:
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018!
At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Regional Human Resources Manager will deliver human resources strategy across the mid-Atlantic region. The Regional HRM acts as an advisor and business partner in issues related to employee relations, talent management, organizational development, change management and human resources policies, programs and practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serves as a business partner and advisor to the regional executive team in matters related to talent management, change management, employee relations, and performance management; Attends meetings, briefings and ad-hoc working groups as appropriate; contributes to the development of the HR function throughout the region.
* Provides HR support to associates and managers in the region he/she supports. Provides policy advice and guidance to all associates requiring assistance and provides options for individual support as appropriate.
* Conducts investigations and partners with management in coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action leading to termination as necessary, utilizing knowledge of federal and state employment. Communicates termination and/or severance of employment for all associate dispositions and any other circumstances to all related parties.
* Serves as key member in HR-related projects including responsibilities for researching, progressing and coordinating aspects of the project and making recommendations for future action.
* Responds, tracks and coordinates requests for information and administrative inquiries to include subpoena of records, workers compensation claims, unemployment claims, and leaves of absences.
* Conducts new hire luncheons and exit interviews and reviews/consolidates data for further analysis and retention planning; communicates trends and makes strategy recommendations based on data.
Bachelor’s degree is required. PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification preferred.
Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of HR experience in the following:
* Possesses knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
* Exhibits knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Possesses knowledge of laws, legal requirements/guidelines, and employment law (for both federal, state, and local jurisdiction).
* Advises managers on organizational policy matters and recommends changes.
* Facilitates change in organization to help transitions at all levels.
* Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
* Ability to travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
* Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
* Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
* Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
* A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
* A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.