The Difference Between Culture and Climate and Why It Matters
Join us for a deeper conversation about corporate culture and organizational climate, and how to implement effective comprehensive culture change initiatives.
It’s not uncommon for organizations to have completed an organizational assessment, created a plan to address the issues, and convened a committee to execute the plan and yet not achieve the desired outcomes. It’s likely, your organization is responding to data about the organizational climate and not culture. In this interactive session, you will hear about the common culture misunderstandings and the relationship between culture and climate. You will learn the six proven steps to make culture change take hold and stick.
Lahaja Furaja will respond to the following questions that are most commonly asked of her by HR Leaders:
- What is the role of HR in supporting culture change?
- How do you get leadership aligned and bought in?
- How do you determine the right culture for your organization?
- How do you identify cultural attributes that are enablers and derailers?
- What role does culture play in reinforcing strategic direction?
Lahaja Furaha is the Culture Practice Lead and Senior Human Capital Advisor at Management Concepts. Lahaja has expertise in conducting culture assessments and implementing comprehensive culture change initiatives to strengthen business performance and build organizational capability. She is also a Prosci™ Certified Change Management Practitioner with 10 years of experience in the design and implementation of organizational change management and organizational development programs. As a consultant, she has also been involved in providing guidance to senior leaders on how to cascade and execute strategic plans down to the department, team and individual levels. As a certified leadership coach, Lahaja works with individuals on improving their leadership and interpersonal skills. Over her professional career, Lahaja has played a strategic role in the creation of organization-wide initiatives that have assisted companies in strengthening their capacity in media, technology, non-profit, and transportation industries.
When and Where:
Friday, February 2, 2018
Tower Club, Tysons Corner
8000 Towers Crescent Dr #1700, Vienna, VA 22182Registration and networking breakfast: 8:00 to 8:30am
Program: 8:30 to 10:00am
Networking: 10:00 to 10:30am
HRCI ans SHRM Credit available to attendees
- Our programs are FREE for members.
- A member may send a substitution in their place to any program they are unable to attend.
- Each member will be permitted to bring ONE GUEST (non-member) per PROGRAM YEAR.
- If you would like to register a guest, please email email@example.com with the guest's name, email address, and organization name. Our administrator will register the guest and confirm with both the member and guest.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable, but may be transferred to another program in the same program year.