Based on his most recent book Leading with Emotional Courage: How to Have Hard Conversations, Create Accountability, and Inspire Action on Your Most Important Work, bestselling author Peter Bregman unlocks the secrets of highly successful leaders – no matter their role or level in the hierarchy – and pinpoints the missing ingredient that makes all the difference: emotional courage.
Emotional courage distinguishes powerful leaders from weak ones. It means speaking up when others are silent and remaining steadfast, grounded and measured in the face of uncertainty. It means responding productively to political opposition—maybe even bad-faith backstabbing—without getting sidetracked, distracted or losing your focus.
In this engaging and interactive talk, Peter shows audiences:
- Why emotional courage is important, and examples of its power
- Why the best leaders have confidence in themselves, the ability to connect with others, and commitment to a purpose – and how emotional courage is the key to unlocking all of those factors
- What it feels like—experientially through fun and effective exercises—to have emotional courage.
- How to use emotional courage to initiate hard conversations, create accountability, and inspire focused action on your most important work.
This speech is a guide for becoming a great leader. A leader who has the power to speak with courage to align teams, inspire action, and achieve stellar results.
About the Speaker
Peter Bregman writes, coaches, and teaches, mostly about leadership. He is the CEO of Bregman Partners, a company that helps successful people close their leadership gaps, grow as leaders, and inspire the people around them to get great results. Best-selling author of 18 Minutes, his most recent book is Leading with Emotional Courage. He is also the host of the Bregman Leadership Podcast. TAKE PETER’s FREE ASSESSMENT to identify your leadership gap and start becoming a more powerful and effective leader today.
Date and Time:
Friday, October 11, 2019
Registration and breakfast: 8:00am to 8:30am
Program: 8:30am to 10:30am
HRCI & SHRM Credit available to attendees
- Our programs are FREE for members
- A member may send a substitution in their place to any program they are unable to attend.
- Each member will be permitted to bring ONE GUEST (non-member) per PROGRAM YEAR.
- If you would like to register a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the guest's name, email address, and organization name. Our administrator will register the guest and confirm with both the member and guest.