Join us Friday, December 8th for a breakfast networking event!
We are pleased to invite you to our December Breakfast Social at Eddie V’s Restaurant at the Tysons Corner Mall from 8:00 to 10:00am. Aside from indulging in some breakfast goodies, this event will be a great opportunity to meet new members, engage with long-time colleagues, connect with new ones, and enjoy longer conversations than our programs typically allow.
In the spirit of giving to the less fortunate, especially as the holiday season approaches, we have invited the President of the Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) to share a bit about NVFS with us at the social. NVFS is a private, nonprofit community service organization dedicated to helping families and individuals become stable and self-sufficient through a continuum of programs including foster care, homelessness, workforce development, and mental health services. HRLF invites attendees to bring an item or two on NVFS’ list of needed donations. Following are the specific donationitems NVFS has requested:
- Healthy food items – collection of healthy nonperishable food items (low sodium, low sugar, etc.) to support clients at our Hunger Resource Center who have dietary restrictions association with health problems (diabetes, etc.)
- $25 and under gift cards – collection of gift cards valued at $25 or less helps us round out our Gifting for Families holiday drive. These are for clients with teenage children as many of the donations they receive are toys and games for younger children.
- Cleaning supplies and paper products – collection of cleaning supplies and paper products for our two homeless shelters. These items are used in the shelters and often provided to the clients to take once they establish stable housing.
We will have an area setup for NVFS donations inside Eddie Vs. We know that your contributions will be much appreciated, so thank you in advance for your generosity.
We look forward to spending some time with you before you head off to work.
When and Where:
Friday, December 8, 2017
8:00 to 10:00 A.M.
7900 Tysons One Place
McLean, VA 22102
- Our programs are FREE for members.
- A member may send a substitution in their place to any program they are unable to attend.
- Each member will be permitted to bring ONE GUEST (non-member) per PROGRAM YEAR.
- If you would like to register a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the guest's name, email address, and organization name. Our administrator will register the guest and confirm with both the member and guest.