We are pleased to announce our Friday, December 7th Breakfast Social at the Ritz Carlton - a special event for members and their senior HR leader guests. The event will be held in the Old Dominion Room (adjacent to the hotel registration desk) from 7:00 to 10:00 am. Aside from indulging in some breakfast goodies, this event will be a great opportunity to meet new members, engage with long-time colleagues, connect with new ones, and enjoy longer conversations than our programs typically allow.
If you are interested in bringing a senior HR Practitioner guest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In the spirit of giving to the less fortunate, especially as the holiday season approaches, we have again invited the President and CEO of the Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) to share a bit about NVFS with us at the Breakfast Social. NVFS is a private, nonprofit community service organization dedicated to helping families and individuals become stable and self-sufficient through a continuum of programs including foster care, homelessness, workforce development, and mental health services. HRLF invites attendees to bring an item or two on NVFS’ list of needed donations. Following are the specific donation items NVFS has requested this year:
- Healthy food – collection of healthy nonperishable food items (low sodium, low sugar, etc.) to support clients at our Hunger Resource Center who have dietary restrictions association with health problems (diabetes, etc.)
- $25 Target or Walmart gift cards – collection of gift cards valued at $25 helps us round out our Gifting for Families holiday drive. We use these for clients with teenage children as many of the donations we receive are toys and games for younger children.
- Cleaning supplies and paper products – collection of cleaning supplies and paper products for our homeless shelter. These items are used in the shelter and often provided to the clients to take once they establish stable housing.
We will have an area setup for NVFS donations at the breakfast. We know that your contributions will be much appreciated, so thank you in advance for your generosity. We look forward to spending some time with you before you head off to work.
When and Where:
Friday, December 7, 2018
Registration and networking breakfast: 7:00 to 10:00 am
- Our programs are FREE for members.
- A member may send a substitution in their place to any program they are unable to attend.
- Each member will be permitted to bring ONE GUEST (non-member) per PROGRAM YEAR.
- If you would like to register a guest, please email email@example.com with the guest's name, email address, and organization name. Our administrator will register the guest and confirm with both the member and guest.